In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many meetings have moved online temporarily. Here is a list of online meetings in Alberta. For security purposes, this meeting list is password protected. Please call your local contact number for the password and information about meetings in your city, to talk with a live Al-Anon member, please see here.
There are international electronic meetings (as opposed to meetings in Alberta) click here for this list (this list is not password protected). We are also holding an online session to answer people’s questions Saturdays from 11AM-12:30 PM here.
Millions of people are affected by the excessive drinking of someone close. The following questions are designed to help you decide whether or not you need Al-Anon or Alateen:
- Do you worry about how much someone else drinks?
- Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else’s drinking?
- Do you feel that if the drinker cared about you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
- Do you secretly try to smell the drinker’s breath?
- Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
- Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker’s behavior?
- Do you search for hidden alcohol?
- Do you think that if the drinker stopped drinking, your other problems would be solved?
- Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
- Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, Al-Anon or Alateen may be able to help. We encourage you to attend an Al-Anon meeting and connect with others who have (or have had) similar problems. Scroll down for a complete list of questions.
© “Reprinted with permission of Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA.” (S17).