This website serves Al-Anon Family Groups in the Area of Alberta and N.W.T. as well as Kimberley and Invermere in British Columbia.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many meetings have moved online temporarily. Here is a list of online meetings in Alberta. For security purposes, this meeting list is password protected. For the password and information about meetings in your city please see here.
Current face-to-face meetings across North America and much more information about Al-Anon Family Groups can be found at the World Service Office site: al-anon.alateen.org.
Millions of people are affected by the excessive drinking by someone close. The following questions are designed to help you decide whether or not you need Al-Anon or Alateen:
- Do you worry about how much someone else drinks?
- Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else’s drinking?
- Do you feel that if the drinker cared about you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
- Do you secretly try to smell the drinker’s breath?
- Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
- Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker’s behaviour?
- Do you search for hidden alcohol?
- Do you think that if the drinker stopped drinking, your other problems would be solved?
- Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
- Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, Al-Anon or Alateen may be able to help. We encourage you to attend an Al-Anon meeting and connect with others who have (or have had) similar problems.
© “Reprinted with permission of Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA.” (S17).