In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, some meetings have been temporarily closed. Please check your local meeting contact number for information for your area.
Please click here to find electronic meetings which are currently running during the Covid crisis.
Millions of people are affected by the excessive drinking of someone close. The following questions are designed to help you decide whether or not you need Al-Anon or Alateen:
- Do you worry about how much someone else drinks?
- Do you tell lies to cover up for someone else’s drinking?
- Do you feel that if the drinker cared about you, he or she would stop drinking to please you?
- Do you secretly try to smell the drinker’s breath?
- Are you afraid to upset someone for fear it will set off a drinking bout?
- Have you been hurt or embarrassed by a drinker’s behavior?
- Do you search for hidden alcohol?
- Do you think that if the drinker stopped drinking, your other problems would be solved?
- Do you ever threaten to hurt yourself to scare the drinker?
- Do you feel there is no one who understands your problems?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, Al-Anon or Alateen may be able to help. We encourage you to attend an Al-Anon meeting and connect with others who have (or have had) similar problems. Scroll down for a complete list of questions.
© “Reprinted with permission of Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc., Virginia Beach, VA.” (S17).