Attending an Al-Anon/Alateen meeting is usually the first step in our recovery. If you have never been to a meeting before, you may have a few questions. Here are a few facts about Al-Anon/Alateen Meetings:
- Completely anonymous – first name only, nothing else
- Confidential – what is said in a meeting, stays at the meeting
- No registration required
- You will be asked for your first name so someone can welcome you – if not, please let the chairperson know you are new – the group wants you to feel welcome
- You can remain silent and listen, or you can share at the appropriate time (it will be explained at the meeting when this is)
- After the meeting you can ask members questions you might have
There are approximately 160 meetings throughout Alberta, NWT, and the SE area of British Columbia, so hopefully there is one that works for you. We encourage you to check out our meeting listings using the map below.
An open meeting welcomes visitors seeking information about Al-Anon. If you are a professional looking for an open meeting to observe, please choose the Open filter from the criteria below.
All meetings within the map are for Al-Anon members and prospective members. Anyone who has been affected by someone else’s drinking is welcome at any Al-Anon meeting.
To find a meeting, enter the city (or postal code) where you are looking to find a meeting for, and hit Search.
If you see a numbered cluster, click on it to zoom into that area.
If you are looking for a meeting in Lloydminster, Alberta please use this link:
If you are looking the WSO meeting list, which includes meetings elsewhere in North America, please use this link:
WSO Meeting List
Central Alberta, Northern Alberta, Edmonton Area, Calgary Area, Southern Alberta, Northwest Territories